Health and Safety Officer / Manager
Award-winning Company with over 30 years experience in the refurbishment and fit out sectors are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer / Manager to champion, promote and ensure Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance.
Main Duties / Activities:
- To review, implement and monitor the company's safety, health, environmental and quality policies, procedures and processes and maintain legislative updates ensuring timely implementation.
- To ensure good practice is observed throughout the company in respect of safety, health, environmental and quality matters.
- To advise and assist the Company Directors and other relevant personnel in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe, healthy, environmentally aware and quality focused work environment.
- To draft all necessary risk assessments and ensure that the risk assessments are completed for all relevant risks.
- To ensure all employees receive a comprehensive health and safety induction.
- To ensure all employees are fully trained in the equipment which they are required to operate (factory, site and office).
- To ensure appropriate measures are in place for the health and safety of contractors and to ensure all contractors have relevant health and safety procedures and processes in place.
- To chair the Company Health and Safety Committee and arrange monthly meetings.
- To organise all Health and Safety Training of employees (mandatory and discretionary.)
- To keep a full record of all accidents and incidents to include reports, investigations and relevant statistics.
- To carry out tool box talks on a regular basis
- To carry out regular site/ factory inspections and to keep documentary evidence of same
- To provide monthly written reports to the HR/ Legal Director on all SHEQ matters and to keep the HR/ Legal Director updated on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure all emergency evacuation procedures ( employees, tenants and visitors) are appropriate.
- To train and develop other employees when appointed to assist with the SHEQ department.
- To draft SHEQ board reports to be included in the Board pack to the satisfaction of the Board.
- To ensure the Company is fully prepared for all SHEQ audits to include arranging for internal audits to be carried out.
- To ensure that all equipment used by the Company satisfies appropriate Health and Safety Standards.
- To advise on Health and Safety and Quality matters for Group Companies as required by the Chairman
- To ensure that all COSH Data sheets and method statements are completed in a timely manner for all necessary activities.and equipment purchased meets safety standards, and is tested and maintained correctly.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by the HR/ Legal Director
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- Full driving licence
- Experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001 accreditation
- At least 5 years' experience of operating and developing quality, environmental and health & safety management systems within a manufacturing setting.
- Have the ability to work alone and as a team player and contributor.
- Excellent planning / organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
For more information or to apply to this position please call James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.