This Company currently have a number of large and technically complex projects running across Northern Ireland and England with project values ranging between £250K to £30M. They have a manufacturing facility in County Down aswell as Offices and stores located in a separate location. Reporting and working closely with the operational teams we envisage this role will be predominantly factory / production based.
This role involves a strong presence and having the vision of creating a better working practice. You will advise on all aspects of Health & Safety management, ensuring standardisation and adherence to best practice.
The main aspects of the Advisory role will be to:
- Carry out and check risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced;
- Identifying hazards and allocating actions ensuring closure;
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Ensure that operatives have signed up to risk assessments /method statements and all documentation is recorded
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
- Carry out an investigations in the event of an accident/incident gathering evidence and keeping records
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all legislation ;
- Attend H&S client meeting;
- Arrange site inductions for new starters
- Make changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Keep records of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers and advise the company's insurance company of any RIDDORs;
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Utilise internal personnel and resources to ensure that every aspect of compliance is covered;
- Ensure that all staff are informed of the company's high standards of health and safety;
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Experience of working at an advisory level within a contracting or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook and has a proven excellent health and safety record.
- Professional memberships in H&S and/or risk management.
- Experience of the building envelope sector and lean manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply, please contact James Manley at Grafton Specialist Recruitment on 02890 32 3333 or 07977 500 956.