Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager
Specialists in the installation and maintenance of domestic heating systems and general building maintenance. This Company employ a wide variety of staff with the essential skills and experience required to be the leader in their field. They are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager to be based in our Draperstown office:
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledge and support on all HSE issues to management and staff
- Carry out risk assessments, fire risk assessments and environmental impact assessments to ensure compliance with regulations and industry best practice.
- Implement accident prevention measures, where required conduct accident investigations, take witness statements and carry out trend and root cause analysis and amend procedures if required.
- Develop and review risk assessments and work and devise a mechanism for site specific risk assessments.
- Ensure regular site audits and inspections are carried out and findings/ remedial actions implemented
- Provide monthly reports to company directors and clients as necessary
- Prepare the company for external and internal audits as required
- Drive HSE across the company and keep up to date with amendments to regulations and procedures
- Implement and manage the procedures with regard to asbestos management in multiple site locations.
- Liaise with various bodies i.e. HSENI and insurance company as well as accreditation bodies Constructionline, Considerate Constructors, CEF, Sparksafe, OFTEC, Gas Safe and other agencies to ensure registrations are maintained.
- Develop and monitor a site waste management plan ensuring that waste production is kept to a minimum
- Ensure employees have adequate training and arrange the required training and maintain employee records
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years as a Health and Safety Manager in a construction environment
- Minimum of Graduate Level IOSH Membership
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of dealing with all of the regulations and standards, in particular ISO18001.
- Current Driving License
- Experience in Environmental standards and practices and aware of the ISO14001 standard.
- NEBOSH environmental qualification
- P402 or P405 in Asbestos Management/ Asbestos Sampling
This role is not limited to the job description and the post holder will be required to carry out other duties at the request of Management.
For further information or to apply please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.