Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Leading innovative manufacturing and production Company based in Antrim are seeking an ambitious Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join their existing team.
The successful candidates will be required to promote all Health, Safety & Environmental functions within The Company. The applicant will be responsible for the introduction, co-ordination and on-going management and control of associated strategies, policies and procedures within the company.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for activities and task being undertaken.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Conduct health and safety inductions, training and records are maintained.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation.
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety role
- Experience of accident investigation and reporting
- Risk Assessment experience
- Designing and implementing Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proven organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret Health and Safety and Environmental legislation into practical working arrangements
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Assertive abilities with the ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good timekeeping, attendance and disciplinary records are essential.
Desirable Criteria consists of: -
- Working towards a NEBOSH safety OR an Environmental Diploma
- Experience in ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001
- IPPC/PPC Regulations
- Experience in COSHH and DSEAR/ ATEX
- Good understanding go engineering & the fabrication industry.
For further information or to apply to this position please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.