This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful business which continues to evolve and grow. They work with clients throughout GB and Ireland to help build their construction ambitions into reality. Their success is achieved through the high calibre of staff they employ and their continued investment in to excellent training and development opportunities.
They are looking for dynamic people, with entrepreneurial spirit, to join their team. They offer careers in a variety of disciplines and are dedicated to further developing a team of highly motivated professionals.
They are seeking to appoint a senior Health and Safety Manager, with competitive salary and benefits package, based at their facility in County Antrim.
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and processes within our manufacturing facilities and local construction activities. Reporting to the Health & Safety Director key responsibilities will include;
- Carrying out factory and site inspections to ensure compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and internal management systems
- Chairing health and safety meetings.
- Updating and reviewing method statements, risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Compiling training matrix and training needs analysis
- Carryout accident investigations and be instrumental in driving near miss reporting
- Supporting managers to carryout toolbox talks and safety briefings
- Complete pre-tender qualification questionnaires
- A minimum of 2-3 years Health, Safety & Environmental experience within the construction industry
- Extensive knowledge of H&S and Environmental legislation applicable to the construction industry and manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent is essential
- Environmental qualification is preferable
- Graduate IOSH membership
- Internal Auditor training for Integrated Management Systems (ISO 9001, 14001, 18001)
- Strong communication skills and IT literate on Microsoft office packages.
For further information or to apply to this position please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.