This Company is an established manufacturer of soft drinks. They work in partnership with all the leading soft brands and supply many of the high street retailers with their own brands. They have invested continuously in their modern production facilities in Ballymena.
Health, Safety & Training Officer
The Health, Safety and Training Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust Health and Safety system and for overseeing and making improvements to training practices.
Some of the Main Duties will include:
- Receive and assess site H&S inspections
- Act as point of contact for any H&S related issues or concerns
- Maintain professional knowledge of best H&S manufacturing practice and communicate any significant changes
- Remain aware of external contractors/workers onsite and liaise with other departments to ensure that these are adequately controlled with documentation filed
- Manage the permit to work system
- Identify and close gaps against the OHSAS 18001 standard
- Completion of risk assessments and method statements
- Chair weekly health & safety meetings
- Manage the accident reporting procedure and any claims received
- Maintain and update the departmental training matrices and training files
- Keep up to date with any training grants/funding available and complete documentation as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Credibility and interpersonal capability to build and maintain strong internal/external relationships
- Logical approach to issues and a decisive problem solver
- A sound working knowledge of health & safety standards and legislation
- 2 years relevant experience in a rapidly changing, growing business
- Experience of developing and delivering in-house training
Although not essential as training will be given the following criteria would be an advantage:
- A recognised qualification in a Health and Safety and Training related discipline
- Experience and knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standard
- Experience working within a manufacturing industry.
For more information or to apply please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 02890 323333 or 07977 500 956.