Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a HGV Driver to start ASAP
Role: HGV Driver x 3
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £9.37p/h
Hours: 37hrs per week
- To drive the allocated vehicle allocated to you in a safe manner, adhering to and complying with Road Traffic Regulations provisions and other legislation as appropriate.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks and required routine maintenance e.g checking fuel, tyres, water, oil and lights and record on the forms provided. Ensure clear visibility from the vehicle at all times, washing windscreen windows, mirrors, etc as required. T o ensure that the vehicle is kept clean inside and outside at all times.
- Ensure all lifting devices and any mechanical attachments are functioning properly.
- Report any mechanical defects to the Cleansing Officer.
- Ensure collection schedules are adhered to in the same sequence on the day specified as directed by the Cleansing Officer.
- Ensure that scheduled work is completed in accordance with operational requirements.
- Report to the Cleansing Officer before leaving and on returning to the depot each day.
- Inform the Cleansing Officer of any damage to bins or property and take appropriate action in each case.
- Transport and supervise the team throughout the performance of their duties. Ensure any on the job training is completed and monitor health and safety issues whilst undertaking the duties of the post.
- To undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections of Departments
Essential Criteria :
- Current HGV Category C Driving Licence, LGV Category C Driving Licence as required.
- At least 5 years' full time/or equivalent experience of driving heavy goods vehicles.
- Understanding of general Health and Safety requirements when driving a heavy goods vehicle and lifting heavy objects.
- Able to deal with the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Physically fit.
- Competent driver.
Desirable Criteria :
- Supervisory experience and proven ability to supervise staff.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.