HGV2 (Category C) Driver required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre for holiday cover
Role: HGV2 (Category C) Driver
Rate of Pay: £9.27 per hour
Hours: Saturday 24th December paid time and a half, Tuesday 27th December paid at double time, Friday 30th December paid at double time & Saturday 31st December paid time and a half - all shifts 7am-3.30pm.
MUST be available for 2.5 days paid training between 22nd and 23rd December 2016 - this is compulsory.
Duration: see above
- HGV Driving - mainly bin lorries, possibly mechanical road sweepers and artics
- To wash the truck daily.
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines - driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers' procedures, etc. Adherence to HASAW legislation and appropriate codes of practice. This also covers the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other PPE; the safe lifting of heavy objects and ensuring the safety of the public and other council staff where appropriate.
- possess a full current C1 driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland;
- possess a current Driver CPC Qualification card and Digi Card
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, relevant experience of each of the following:
- driving in a commercial environment;
- cleaning an outdoor area, making sure tools and equipment are safely used in accordance with health and safety regulations; and
- dealing with members of the public, in person.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided.