Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a HR Advisor to join their team full time for a period of 3 months+
The successful candidate will be required to work 37 hurs per week , Mon-Friday
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement Human Resources Policies and Procedures and provide accurate and timely advice, support and information to Directors, Heads of Service and Managers on a range of Human Resources issues.
Support the Head of HR & Organisation Development with the implementation of organisation structures.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head of HR & Organisation Development in managing and implementing the Managing Attendance Policy to ensure minimum levels of sickness absence across the organisation.
- Advise and support Managers on the management of sickness absence cases in accordance with policy, relevant legislation and liaising and implementing advice from Occupational Health as appropriate
- Attend meetings of Managers and/or individual employees in reviews of sickness or other absences as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process and act as the HR representative on selection panels as required.
- Ensure all recruitment and selection exercises are completed in accordance with the Local Government Staff Commission Code of Procedures on Recruitment & Selection.
- Provide HR advice and support to Managers on any matters relating to the management of HR, including the resolution of disciplinary and grievance issues and effective and consistent implementation of the HR Policies and Procedures.
- Provide HR advice and support to employees, when appropriate, on any HR related matter.
- Work on a variety of HR projects as required to fulfil the HR Business Plan.
- Participate in the development and review of HR Policies and Procedures through identifying legislative requirements, researching best practice, making recommendations and producing draft Policies for consultation.
- Participate in the implementation of newly devised Policies & Processes including communication across the company and training of all Managers and staff as required.
- Maintain the computerised Human Resource system and to assist in the production of timely and accurate management information.
- Adhere to and comply with all policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for risk management
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of money.
- Participate in the Performance and Development Review process as detailed in the published scheme.
- Fulfil the legal Health and Safety duties placed on employees by: taking reasonable care of your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do; Co-operating on Health & Safety matters;
- Ensuring that you use work items provided correctly and in accordance with the training and instruction received, including personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Ensuring that you do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for health, safety, or welfare purposes.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Equivalent AND full professional membership of CIPD (NOTE: consideration may be given to applicants who do not meet the above academic requirement but have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience and possess full professional membership of CIPD )
- Sound knowledge of relevant employment legislation and current HR issues
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- A full current driving licence valid in the uk and access to a car