Grafton HR is delighted to be assisting a leading utilities organisation wishing to appoint a HR Advisor to join their team based in Greater Belfast.
The successful person must be results focused, have strong organisational and communication skills and have a passion to work with managers to help build a culture that enables every employee to deliver to their potential and ultimately grow our business.
- Support the development and implementation of People strategy including: Organsiational Effectiveness, Talent Management, Employee Engagement and Reward and Recognition
- Provide a dedicated HR Advisory service on all Employee Relations issues
- Manage the end to end recruitment and selection process including supporting managers with designing adverts, creating competency based interview questions, drafting appointment letters and contracts, delivering corporate induction and equality reporting to the Equality Commission.
- Review, update and communicate policies and procedures ensuring they effectively support the business and are in line with current legislation
- Provide expert advice and support to managers and employees on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies and procedures and current employment legislation especially Sickness Absence, Dignity at Work, Disciplinary and Grievance, Maternity, Recruitment and Selection and Probation.
- Support managers in the performance management process
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees regarding range of L&D interventions to support their delivery of department and personal objectives
- Liaise and negotiate with external training providers ensuring best value as appropriate
- Assist the Business Partner with managing and tracking L&D budgets
- Design and deliver in-house training on policies and procedures to managers and staff as and when required.
- Support and coach managers in the management of absence both short term and long term in line with our policy and ensure adequate reporting of same
- Carry out market intelligence / benchmarking to ensure employees are rewarded adequately and competitively
- Produce timely and meaningful HR data on key HR KPIs
- Lead HR projects as required by researching, designing and delivering best practice
- Solid HR generalist experience in an advisory capacity in the following areas: recruitment and selection, sickness absence, managing performance, probation management
- Good working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CIPD qualified or working towards this
- Experience of HR data analytics
- L&D experience
A competitive salary with a bonus of up to 10% of salary. A generous pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 6%, 25 days holiday and 11 statutory days per year plus the option of purchasing an additional 5 days annual leave. A range of additional employee benefits including Private Health Insurance, free car parking, gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, membership of social clubs, childcare vouchers, a 37 hour working week and much more!
The role will be based in their newly refurbished offices in Belfast which boosts free coffee/tea and kitchen facilities, along with soft rooms for informal meetings and a recreational area for break times.
To apply, please contact Richard McFarland(Assoc. CIPD) on 07773197121 on email firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAFTON HR - CIPD Northern Ireland HEADLINE SPONSOR 2017