Our public sector client in the Antrim area are looking to recruit a part time temporary Human Resource Assistant
Main Purpose of Job:
Provide confidential administrative/data processing support to the Human Resources Section to assist in the achievement of objectives
Provide an administrative service to the Human Resources Section including:
- Carrying out a full range of confidential secretarial, administrative and data processing duties
- Taking notes at meetings
- Diary maintenance
- Providing effective administrative support to Learning and Development including arranging, booking, raising purchase orders and recording training events; administration of the performance management scheme and probationary processes.
- Collecting, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Arrange meetings as requested, booking rooms and hospitality.
- Make arrangements for and be actively involved in events, e.g roadshows, internal training and conferences.
- Process invoices for payment through the P2P system.
- Prepare accurate notifications for Payroll of joiners/leavers/transferees/employee entitlements etc
- Produce reports from PAMS/Crystal Reports as requested
- Take responsibility for maintaining and securing all confidential personnel records and other sensitive data.
- Assist in the preparation of Job Descriptions, Employee Specifications and Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Prepare application forms tailored to each vacancy
- Produce application packs and dispatch as appropriate
- Prepare all documents for shortlisting and interview panels, room set ups, etc
- Prepare letters for successful, reserve and unsuccessful candidates
- Process all Access NI disclosure checks and monitor the return
- Administer the on-line recruitment system
Other General duties include
- Attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of the Section.
- Demonstrate a team approach to achieving the objectives of the Section through full flexibility in relation to tasks undertaken.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion.
- Develop an understanding of the Human Resources function and assist other members of the Human Resources team in such other duties as may from time to time be necessary.
- Comply with and actively promote policies and procedures, especially Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Managing Attendance.
- Co-operate with officers and staff to enable them, as far as necessary, to conform and comply with any duty or requirement imposed as a result of any law which may be in force regarding health and safety or safeguarding.
- Undertake the foregoing duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the nature of the post.
5 GCSEs (Grades A - C) including English, or equivalent
2 years' clerical/ administrative experience in a busy office environment
1 year's working experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
Experience in the use of a large database
Experience of dealing with queries from members of the general public
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Displays a positive attitude including a solution based, flexible and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to work to a high degree of quality, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Experience of using Human Resources IT systems