Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary HR Business Partner to start ASAP until August with possibility of extension
Role: HR Business Partner
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £10.50 p/h
13+ weeks £17.21 p/h
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 36 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Post-Graduate Diploma, or an equivalent qualification
- Current professional member of the CIPD (i.e. Graduate, Chartered or Chartered Fellow)
- A minimum of 3 years' recent experience of providing expert advice and guidance to managers on HR matters. In particular this must have included the full remit of employee relations
- Experience of handling complex employee cases
- Experience of managing risk in an employee relations environment
- Experience of providing a successful and value added HR advisory service to managers
- Comprehensive working knowledge of employment law and experience of the practical application of the law and associated HR policies and procedures
- Experience of using HR computerised systems
- Be ICT literate
The competencies required for the effective performance of this post are:-
Self Assertion and Personal Impact
Influencing and Negotiating
- To advise on and contribute to the development of HR policies, strategies and business plans within allocated work areas which enable operational and corporate aims and objectives to be achieved.
- To provide an interface to managers in allocated work areas, through the provision of high quality guidance and support in developing and progressing HR solutions to achieve business objectives.
- To provide coaching and mentoring to managers in allocated work areas in the implementation of robust employee relations, recruitment and selection and performance management processes to facilitate shared responsibility for the management of people and ensuring that HR matters are effectively and consistently dealt with.
- To provide feedback to departmental senior management teams and line managers to improve individual and organisational performance.
- To seek to continuously improve the quality and value of the HR service provided to the organisation
- To provide a professional support service to managers in allocated work areas on the operation of relevant employee relations policies and procedures to include discipline, grievance, capability, appraisal, harassment and redundancy.
- To implement proactive employee relations initiatives and provide management guidance on all aspects of employee relations.
- To work with and advise managers in allocated work areas on all disciplinary matters to bring about a resolution and minimise the risk of litigation.
- To work with the HR Senior Business Partner and HR Business Partners to ensure that grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures are operated with fairness and consistency and best practice is shared and developed across the team.
- To implement performance management programmes and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals, capability, attendance management and performance improvement plans.
- To ensure the compilation, preparation and presentation of information and reports to respond to and defend legal proceedings and other complaints filed with outside agencies.
- To participate in consultation and/or negotiation with trade union representatives and participate in the college's management/staff liaison structures and systems.
- To advise and guide managers on the termination of employment and monitor terminations through the implementation of an exit interview process.
- To undertake special projects as required.
- To participate actively in relevant regional and national professional networks
- To deputise for the HR Senior Business Partner as required.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 23RD MAY AT 2PM.