- Oversee the full scope of human resources: organisational structure, recruitment, absence management, occupational health, payroll, employee& industrial relations, training &development, and policy/procedure development.
- As part of the Plant Leadership Team, support the development of the site to create a high performing, highly competitive and sustainable operating platform.
- Enable the growth of business through the delivery and continuous improvement of Human Resource practices, in line with Business Strategy and Group HR initiatives.
- Implement and promote best practice Health & Safety standards and practices throughout HR
- Develop a strong understanding of the manufacturing business, ensuring that Human Resources are aligned to the business, and leading implementation of same.
- Change Management: Improved Work Practices, Collective Agreements, etc
- Manage and lead consultation and negotiations with employees and Trade Unions.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support and leadership to managers and employees on employee relations, performance management, disciplinary & grievance procedures and employee welfare concerns.
- Monitor and report on high level objectives and targets for HR, Payroll and Occupational Health. Annual Budget preparation
- Enhance employee experience through HR Initiatives that drive sustainable engagement in the workplace.
- Candidates are required to have a 3rd level qualification in HR.
- +8 years' experience in challenging HR Business Partner or HR management role.
- Assertiveness, combined with a common sense approach to HR is essential.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and demanding environment.
- An open, communicative style and a proactive approach to employee relations.
- Proactive and assertive in developing HR practice to best-in-class
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an advantage
- Experience of managing and progressing with business needs in a unionised environment.
- Knowledge of Employment Law practices and their application
- Positive attitude. Business acumen. Someone who has a curiosity about business and operations. Excellent computer skills.
- An ability to contribute to improved business and operational performance is an important consideration.
- Demonstrable leadership/people management skills, including the ability to challenge and manage poor performance and inappropriate behaviour.
- Confident and influential when dealing with people.