Our client, a well-known global brand, currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join their Cork site.
The successful candidate will form part of the European network HR team and will have full day to day HR responsibility for a large customer service site in Cork as well as managing the local HR team.
There is a strong project focus in this role and the ability to balance operational and project work is key. The remit will include all recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation, reporting, policy, HR project work for both the EU and wider initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
Generalist HR - being fair, pragmatic and commercial as well as proactive and visible. Assisting the team with a variety of HR issues
Employee Relations and Engagement - ensuring fair, consistent and transparent employee relations processes are applied at the site, making it a great place to work. Leading projects to develop and implement employment policies and procedures as well as driving continuous improvement and engagement.
Recruitment and Selection - being passionate about hiring and developing the best, getting involved in recruitment panels for leadership roles and partnering with the TA team to develop the recruitment plan
Performance Management, Talent Management & Succession Planning - being the leader of Talent Development at the Cork site, owning the succession plan and utilizing available tools to identify leaders of the future. Partnering with the EU Learning and Development (L&D) team you will identify the learning interventions required for the site Management team and participate in projects and initiatives.
- CIPD Qualified - Strong educational background - to at least degree level in HR and/or Employment Law
- Experience of operating at HR Manager level with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Significant prior HR Generalist experience, ideally in an international company possessing a strong-customer-focus and performance based culture.
- Coaching and mentoring experience at management level.
- Experience of managing a team of direct reports, and developing individuals to drive high performance.
- Prior experience with HR information systems (e.g. peoplesoft)
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances and direction
- Experience working in a fast paced customer focused matrix environment is desireable