Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary HR Officer to start ASAP for duration of up to six months
Role: HR Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.50 p/h
13+ week's £17.21 p/h
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 36.25 hours per week Monday-Friday
- A 3rd level qualification and CIPD Associate membership
- 2 years' relevant professional HR experience across a range of Human Resource areas, including: HR projects, employee relations, performance management, learning and development, reward and recognition, recruitment and selection, administration.
The job holder will also possess a high standard of:
- Strong people focus- ability to engage, build and develop effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Sound organisational and planning skills including the ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise tasks and attention to detail
- The ability to work within a team environment, on own initiative and take the lead where necessary
- Staff management and budget administration experience
- Be ICT literate
Applicants must also possess a current driving licence and use of a car for business purposes or have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
The post holder will be responsible for assisting the HR & Central Services Manager. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking full reviews of the HR policies and procedures
- Undertaking a review of business unit activities and the associated HR implications such as the rewriting of Job Descriptions and review of terms and conditions
- Provide advice and guidance to staff and line management on the implementation of policies and procedures e.g absence management, disciplinary etc
- Monitor and highlight inefficiency and conduct cases and progress next steps, investigations and hearing
- The development, procurement and delivery of suitable training materials, documenting, monitoring and evaluating learning and development outcomes
- Administer payroll e.g pay awards, salary sacrifice schemes and manage communications on a monthly basis
- Advise and consult on changes relating to payroll
- Oversee Job Description update process and compile an organisation wide learning and development request report
- Chair recruitment and selection activities
- manage the job offer, internal communication and the new start process
- Carry out regular health and safety checks and ensure risk assessments are carried out and advise on risks and suitable controls as necessary
- Provide briefing material and draft responses and reports/emails as and when required by senior management team/staff
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future**