Leading demolition and asbestos removal contractor are urgently seeking a full time and permanent qualified HSEQ Manager to be based in their Newry Office. Reporting to the Director, responsible for all HSEQ, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality documentation to support the existing Integrated Management System in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, SafeTcert and other various company accreditations.
- Carry out monthly site audits across all current projects within Ireland and report findings to the Directors
- General advice and support to Site Management team, including monitoring legislation updates and HSE Bulletins in NI and ROI
- Encourage behavioural change and engagement initiatives providing Safety Leadership.
- Recommend and advise on proposed Health and Safety strategies for implementation of Best Practice across all current projects.
- Assist with preparation of Pre-Qualification and Tender Submissions
- Manage existing training arrangements, including preparation and delivery of training courses and training assessments if required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate Safety Qualifications (NEBOSH, SHEQ or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Integrated Management Systems
- Full and clean driving licence
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work within an existing close knit team
- Proficient with general IT skills and Microsoft packages.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- A professional approach, and ability to represent the company at all times
- Knowledge of UK and ROI Safety & Environmental Legislation
Opportunity and Package
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive company. The salary is negotiable, and the competitive package will include:
- Salary - dependant on experience (£30K-£40K)
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Mobile Phone
- Pension Contribution
For further information, or to apply please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333