HEALTH, SAFETY, QUALITY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER (HSEQ)
STATEMENT OF OVERALL PURPOSE
To implement and maintain effective quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with safety and environmental laws. The post holder will have responsibility for advising Directors and Managers on best practice within the context of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental efficiencies.
The Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager reports directly to the General Manager or his appointed deputy.
LIST OF MAIN DUTIES
- Provide leadership on Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental issues.
- Design, implement and maintain Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and systems that will ensure compliance with relevant laws.
- Ensure that quality and safety in and around the workplace is foremost in every employees mind and that this is evident to any person who may enter the premises.
- Provide leadership in the implementation and improvement of the Integrated Management system in relation with quality, Health & Safety and environmental requirements and to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Implement quality, health & safety policies, procedures and objectives by raising awareness monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to senior management.
- Sampling and testing of products. Recording test results and ensuring that all necessary records are kept.
- Provide leadership in the training of employees and run toolbox talks whenever necessary.
- Perform internal audits, risk assessments, inspection reports, and accident reports.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested which are within the applicant's capabilities.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUITABLE PERSON
- Degree level qualification.
- NEBOSH Diploma.
- Experience of a similar role in a manufacturing or industrial setting would be an advantage.
- Computer literate - Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Experience in the design and delivery of Health & Safety training desirable.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work is essential.
- Be a highly motivated individual with strong influencing skills, drive and the ability to work under their own direction.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written are essential.
For further information, or to apply, please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 07977 500956 or 02890 323333.