Our client in the Antrim area are looking to recruit a Human Resources Officer to join their team on temporary basis 6 months+
37 hrs per week
Mon to Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Assisting with the successful implementation of the Categorisation Schedule across the company.
- Liaising with other HR Officers and Managers in coordinating and issuing relevant documentation.
- Provide advice and assistance to ensure the consistent implementation of the disciplinary and grievance policies and procedures, attending hearings and appeals as the Human Resources representative and drafting correspondence as required.
- Assist with preparations for Industrial Tribunal cases as required.
- Producing confidential reports, letters and correspondence as required.
- Prepare recruitment and selection documentation and participate in shortlisting and interview panels as human resources lead ensuring that all recruitment and selection processes are in accordance with relevant employment legislation and codes of practice.
- Produce reports and statistics as required by management, committees and external agencies.
- Attending Meetings and participating in training relevant to the work of the Section.
- Carry out duties as requested by the Human Resources Manager in relation to the Voluntary Severance Scheme.
- Ensure that offer letters and contracts of employment are issued in accordance with the Council policy and statutory requirements
- A degree in a business related subject
- Membership of the CIPD at post graduate level (Associate, Chartered, Fellow)
- Two years relevant experience in a HUMAN Resources function to include at least three of the following; Recruitment and Selection, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Equal Opportunities and Managing Attendance
- Strong Organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Be a highly motivated self starter
- Good knowledge of Employment legislation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- A relevant training qualification
- Experience of operating Human Resources information system
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of Northern Ireland District Council operations and services
Please ensure that you demonstrate fully and clearly how you meet the required criteria below for this role within the CV Form you submit.