ICT Level 2 - 1st Line IT Service Desk Analyst required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in various locations
Role: ICT Level 2 - 1st Line IT Service Desk Analyst
Rate of Pay: 0-12 weeks £11ph 13+weeks £15.24ph deadline Monday 9th at 12noon
Location: Various locations
Hours: 37 Hours - Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
Duration: Until the 31st March 2018
- Provide Helpdesk technical support role with the diagnosis and resolution of AFBI Line of Business IT software and hardware issues across all AFBI sites; answering support queries either onsite or via phone/email/Jabber;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries;
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues;
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant ISB Team member;
- To maintain the Line Of Business knowledge base by documenting both new and existing applications;
- To create both technical and user FAQs within AFBI's Helpdesk application;
- To contribute to ISB's configuration management system by documenting configuration items, including:
- People (Staff and Contractors)
While the candidate will be based between Newforge and VSD, travel to other AFBI sites will be necessary to meet all the requirements of the post.
This list is not exclusive and the successful candidate may be required to carry out other duties as allocated by management.
- In possession of five GCSEs (grade C or above) or equivalent (including English and Mathematics), and
- Have a minimum of one year's relevant experience* of working in an IT support role gained within the last three years and
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills and
- Must have a clean, valid UK full driving licence and
- Access to a form of transport.
* Relevant experience is defined as:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7/Windows 10)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Applications - particularly MS Access, and MS Excel) that utilises Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Experience using a commercial help desk ticketing system such as the Solar Winds Web Help Desk
- ITIL Certified
- Experience of SQL Querying language
- Have an understanding of scientific laboratory terminology
- Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) experience
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Helen McNamara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
*PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 9TH OCTOBER AT 12 NOON*