Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require an ICT Project Manager to start August 2017 for duration of up to 6 months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £11.00 p/h
13+ week's £15.24 p/h
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Working knowledge of major computing operating systems including Mac OS X, Linux (Fedora, OpenSuse, Ubuntu) and Windows
- Knowledge of wide and local area network services (e.g. NFS, SMB, CIFS) and of TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols
- Knowledge of firewall configuration, principles and operation
- Ability to diagnose and, where possible, to correct hardware, software and network faults
- Must be able to provide support and explain IT issues to non-IT staff and stakeholders
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Have effective organisational skills, be able to manage competing priorities combined with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to seek and accept responsibility
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve organisational/team objectives
Development and Maintenance of Computer Systems, including main servers, high-performance systems, and desktop and portable computer systems
- Install and maintain operating systems, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (Fedora, OpenSuse, Centos, Ubuntu).
- Maintenance of the Digistar projector and related computer systems.
- Maintain the VOIP phone system.
- Provide System Support for approximately 40 users.
- Maintain backups for users' and server computer systems (approximately 50 systems).
- Install, maintain and monitor web servers.
- Maintain supplies of computer consumables.
- Participate in procurement and installation of computer equipment.
- Investigate, advise and encourage uptake of new technologies.
- Prepare business cases and post-project evaluations for technical equipment.
Installation and Maintenance of Software Systems
- Configuration and Licence Management.
- Provide HELPdesk service to users.
- Astronomical research software including Starlink, IRAF, HEASOFT, SciSoft, CASA, MIRAID, PyRAF, SolarSoft, etc.
- Other research software including MatLab, Mathematica, Fortran, IDL, Python, PySALT, LaTeX, Java, etc.
- Office software including MS Office, Adobe Flash and Acrobat, printer drivers and appropriate updates.
Administration of User Services
- Administration of electronic Mail services.
- Administration of computer accounts, including biannual reviews.
- Administration of VOIP accounts.
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer and network issues raised by users.
Miscellaneous IT Services
- Support for office ICT infrastructure such as printers, scanners, copiers and the telephone system.
- Support for management and financial ICT systems.
- Carry out other duties not specified but within the general scope of the post and capabilities of the post holder, as determined by the Line Manager or the Director.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Tuesday 25th July at 10am