Grafton Recruitment has been appointed by our Client to recruit ICT Service Desk Support Engineers for their Belfast based site.
The primary responsibility is to provide support for Customers. This support will involve supporting end users with IT related issues via Email and Phone to ensure their issues are resolved as promptly as possible.
The role will involve triaging of customer incidents, first line resolution where possible, following the ITIL recommendations, and escalating when necessary. The role has expanded to involve a number of administrative activities such as responding to customer emails. You are encouraged to take ownership of incidents members will be expected to act with professionalism and integrity when working with customers and colleagues
- To provide good customer service and administer customer requests in an ITIL based environment.
- Triage customer call/emails to understand the core issue and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure calls are answered in a timely manner and emails are responded to with urgency.
- Lead conference calls during major events on behalf of the 24x7 events team.
- Proactively identify problems, perform trend analysis of repeat incidents and engage with problem teams to develop long term solutions to recurring issues.
- Suggest improvement to the Incident Management process or team processes to help the team and customer.
- To correctly triage and diagnose network and other IT related issues before escalating to second line. Collect as much relevant information as possible before escalating.
- Document actions and owners during team meetings you may be involved in and weekly Incident reviews, communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure action taken to meet or exceed agreed operating objectives and goals.
- Participate and encourage working with other teams and business units when required to ensure business and customer demands are facilitated.
- Resolve and balance resource allocation issues to maximise contribution.
- Maintain and influence expectations of service delivery across the business to meet SLA targets.
- Drive the team and business unit to achieve continuous improvement across a range of indicators.
- Implement company policies and procedures within the team.
- Experience in successfully contributing to the management of service support teams within a busy & complex ICT service centre environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Understands the business domain, customer positioning and prevailing technologies.
- Customer skills, be able to handle difficult customers
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Industrious attitude who is a real team player.
ITIL accreditation/strong understanding of ITL Best Practice Principles is desireable but not essential.
Role may require a mix of day and night shift working patterns.
If you are interested in the role please forward your CV via the link.