Located in the heart of Belfast, our client requires a skilled and experienced IT Technician to join their team in their modern facilities. Our client plays a vital role in the education of our youth, adopting innovative techniques to effectively and efficiently meet the learning needs of young people.
As the IT technician you will play a vital role in assisting management in the creation and development of IT infrastructure within the school to ensure that all computer systems and devices are maintained in good working order in order to meet the educational needs of learners and to facilitate staff to perform their job role effectively.
You will be responsible for the repair of all ICT equipment, liaise with external contractors regarding the repair of equipment where necessary, and assist with installation of new ICT equipment the management of the schools website and other duties as required.
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSE or 'O' Level equivalent grades A*-C one of which must be in English or Maths
- Understanding of the requirements of a technician
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Experience of setting up multimedia systems
- Understanding of the Northern Ireland curriculum of ICT
- Experience in website design and maintenance
- Knowledge of C2k networks in schools
- Knowledge in a range of software applications to be used in schools
- Hold a third level qualification in a related discipline e.g. ICT/ Multi Media
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in an educational establishment
- Knowledge of the use of current social media platforms
- Knowledge of the use of SIMS in schools
- Rate of pay £8.50 per hour
- 15 hours per week rising to 20 hours
- Central location
- On site parking
- Immediate start
- Excellent opportunity to work with a highly recognised organisation
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you are looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Laura Kearney on email@example.com