Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require temporary Inclusive Learning Assistants to start ASAP until the end of June 2018
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50ph
13+ week's £8.78ph
Hours: various hours per week
- English GCSE at Grade C or above,
OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above,
- Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and/or long term medical conditions in an educational, care or training setting-"
- Be competent in the use of a computer to produce worksheets, photographs etc.
- Working with students to identify and help overcome specific difficulties, but not to provide subject specific tuition;
- Assisting students in accessing campus facilities including opening doors, carrying bags, orientation around campus, general assistance etc.;
- Making any necessary reasonable adjustments to ensure support is delivered in an accessible manner;
- Adhering to Health and Safety procedures including personal fire evacuation plans;
- Providing reports, written and oral, as required including those for internal quality assurance arrangements;
- Ensuring that all documentation and authorisation procedures are adhered to;
- Maintaining accurate records of all class preparation work and to make these available to the Line Manager on request;
- Maintaining appropriate professional conduct;
- Carrying other duties appropriate to the grade and post assigned.
- To provide classroom support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- To provide support to students on work placement
- To provide support on transport to and from College and between sites
- To support tutors in the administration function and daily classroom activities
- To liaise with parents/carers/guardians when directed to do so
- To supervise students in college
- To carry out other duties as and when required
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Clearance at the cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER AT 12PM