On behalf of our client, we are recruiting permanently for an Independent Advocate for the Newry area.
Role: Independent Advocate - Newry
Rate of Pay: £24,000 pa (£15,686 pro rata 22.5 hours)
Hours: 22.5 Hours per week
Duration: Permanent Role
- To Provide comprehensive and confidential advocacy support service in the Southern Trust Area to people with physical and sensory disabilities
- Undertaking one to one work with people with disabilities
- Utilise skills and experiences to provide advocacy and short term support to people with disabilities to deal with specific questions or issues relating to health and social care
- 3 Years experience delivering advocacy services within the last 5 years
- Accredited Level 2 Award in Independent Advocacy (City & Guilds) or equivalent
- A Sound Knowledge of different advocacy models and their implementation
- Competent understanding of Mental Health Legislation and best practice (including guardianship, deprivation of liberty and best interest welfare interventions
- Possession of a full driving licence and access to a car for business travel
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY 24TH JUNE IN NEWRY OR BELFAST
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Please note if successful with this post, you will need to complete an Enhanced Access NI
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE SUNDAY 19th JUNE AT 7PM.