Working on behalf of our client a world leader in the aerospace industry I'm actively recruiting for Industrial Stitcher's for an immediate start.
Industrial Stitchers - Crumlin Area - £9-£11 per hour
Working hours: Monday - Thursday 8.00am-4.30pm and Friday 8.00am- 1pm
Job Type: Temporary - 3 Months
We are looking to attract applicants who have previously worked within an industrial or domestic stitching role.
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths
- Stitching experience - industrial or domestic
Job specific competencies:
- Adherence to health and safety at all times
- Ability to work to deadlines, and meet targets set by the department
Desirable skills, experience, competence:
- Experience of lock stitching
- Ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team
Job specific circumstances:
Should be flexible to work outside of normal working hours when required to meet customer requirements
The post holder will carry out a range of high quality stitching operations on ejector seat assemblies such as drogue parachutes and harnesses.
Main duties include:
- Stitching of 4-needle top and tail, crossing of 5ft and 22" drogues.
- Stitching on automatics, zigzag cords, gate stitch tapes, sew on loops.
- Stitching withdrawal lines, leg lines, 40g webbing's and leg garters.
- Stitching cushions, back pads, aids containers and negative g straps.
- Binding flaps, belts and drogue bags.
- Zigzag lowering lines and steering lines.
- Hand cutting, marking, gluing and other manual sub-assembly work.
To apply for this excellent position please submit your CV and a member of the Grafton Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.