Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require an Information Officer to start ASAP until 15th September 2017
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £9.00
13+ weeks £15.24
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
- The post holder should have experience and knowledge in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or business. Preferably the post holder will have 2 years experience in this field of work, hold a 3rd level qualification or be working towards this.
- The post holder should have project management experience, delivered projects from a brief.
- The post holder should have experience in drafting papers, and have used the plain English approach to producing communications.
- The post holder should have experience in knowledge in process design and programme management.
- Experience in dealing with complex and sensitive information in order to produce effective and engaging media materials such as press releases, web content and speeches.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and organisational skills
- Drafting project briefs
- Project management skills
- Copy writing (for press and web) and proof reading
- Ability to analyse information, optimise solutions and secure value for money
- Problem solving and creative thinking
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Being an effective team player and able to develop, coach and manage support staff.
Information Officers will generally work under the supervision of a Senior Information Officer. While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary, they will entail specific elements or a mixture of work in any of the following areas:
- Arranging press, radio and TV interviews;
- Drafting appropriate statements in a timely way on complex legal issues in response to media queries;
- Developing and delivering appropriate media strategies in relation to complex legal issues, statistical information or policy based projects;
- Assisting the Communications Manager in the planning and organisation of corporate events and community outreach activities;
- Responding to media enquiries;
- Briefing journalists;
- Writing and editing news releases, descriptive articles, reference and publicity material;
- Arranging for media coverage of important events, announcements or visits;
- Contributing to the planning and/or implementation of wide-ranging publicity campaigns, including advertising and other marketing activities;
- Inputting to internal communications systems and processes;
- Web publishing activity including writing and editing material;
- Supervision of support staff and managing resources; and
- Using IT in an office environment.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. CTC Clearance will also be carried out.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 25TH MAY 12 NOON