We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Infrastructure Support Engineer to join a leading Northern Irish information technology services company serving their high profile clients.
We are working in partnership with this Market Leading service provider to find a highly motivated and experienced Infrastructure Support Engineer who is able to drive the continuous improvements of implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
This role comes with varied responsibilities and no two days will be the same. You will be responsible for logging and handling incoming calls from clients and providing remote and on-premise support of managed service clients (the current split is 80% remote, 20% client site support). In this role you will be reporting to the Service Manager, follow call handling processes escalating where necessary and proactively monitor a range of managed service client's infrastructure.
Skill Set and Experience Requirements:
* Experience supporting the Microsoft stack of technologies, including: Configuration and management of Active Directory experience, Strong Windows Server 2008 / 2012 experience, MS Exchange 2010 and later, MS SQL Server and an understanding ofMicrosoft System Center suite.
* Hands on experience working with public cloud infrastructure, for example: setting up and managing virtual servers in Microsoft Azure or AWS and management of Office 365 for clients
* Strong working knowledge of enterprise virtualisation software to include either VMware vCenter and ESXi or Hyper-V
* Experience supporting enterprise storage technologies such as SAN and NAS
* Solid network skills including TCP/IP, switching, routing and VLANs
* MCSE or MCITP qualified or equivalent experience
* VMware certifications
* CCNA qualified
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Michael Rosbotham at Grafton Technology on 02890242824.