Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require an Infrastructure Support Specialist to start ASAP for duration of 2-3 months
Pay rate: £13.18
Hours: 37 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Agency Worker must possess at least a HND in computing or other discipline relevant to Information & Communications Technology, AND at least 2 years' post-qualification experience working in a challenging Infrastructure Support/Service Desk environment;
Agency Worker must have 2 years' experience in the following skills:
Skill 1 - Server Management and Support
- Working with deploying, configuring and managing Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 servers, both physical and virtual.
- Must have good understanding and experience with Active Directory - deploying, monitoring, routine management, group policy settings and backup and recovery scenarios.
- Management and configuration of email servers including Cisco Ironport and Microsoft Exchange. Understanding of mail security, filtering of spam and malware, troubleshooting routing, message tracking, recipient management etc.
- Management, configuration, upgrading and monitoring the health of a resilient Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Experience with managing Office 365 services including ADFS, Directory Synchronisation and Exchange Online
- Understanding of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), knowledge of how to configure internal ADFS servers using Network Load Balancing and ADFS proxy servers.
- A good understanding and experience of using batch file scripts and powershell to automate and manage a wide range of Windows technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Data Protection Manager and general scripts to automate tasks.
- Experience with Hyper-V 2012 R2 failover clusters, validation testing, cluster shared volumes with iSCSI SAN storage and MPIO. It would be advantageous to have experience with resilient SMB 3.0 storage and scale out file server technologies.
- A good understanding and experience with database administration of Microsoft SQL server 2012 or more recent. Building, configuration best practices, maintenance tasks and performance optimisation tuning, backup and recovery.
- It would be a significant advantage to have experience working with SharePoint 2013 or preferably 2016 as a document management system. Automated deployment skills, configuration, general management, customisation of the front end, backing up and Farm recovery experience.
Skill 2 - Network Management and Support
- Basic knowledge of switch configuration and understanding of access control lists. Understanding of IP addressing schemes, routing and switching.
- Management, configuration and monitoring the health of a Cisco Campus Network. Experience with the use of Prime Infrastructure would be an advantage.
- Experience with management and configuration of Firewalls and proxy servers.
The following are also required:
- the ability to analyse business requirements and produce logical solutions which satisfy customer needs and proactively seek opportunities for improvement in work processes and service delivery;
- good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with the ability to explain computer concepts to customers in non-technical terms;
- the ability to plan and organise a heavy, diverse and unpredictable workload, and deliver high quality work to ICT standards using best practice methods;
- follow standard procedures, maintain records and update all work related documentation;
The main duties of the Infrastructure Support Specialist post will include the following:
- building, configuring and managing primarily Windows based servers, both physical and Hyper-V virtual machines;
- configuring and troubleshooting network related settings on both client devices and network switches;
- troubleshooting server and client hardware, driver and firmware related issues;
- using monitoring tools to pro-actively manage all IT Infrastructure related services including servers, applications, network, firewall and security systems;
- understanding and implementing backup and recovery technologies, Anti-Virus software deployment and monitoring;
- investigation and analysis of new software and hardware products, including the production of assessment reports;
- scripting and automating configuration settings to maintain consistent standards;
- working with HP Insight Manager and version control repository manager to both monitor hardware and deploy updates would be beneficial;
- assisting in the development and implementation of relevant IT policies, strategies and standards;
- manage work to agreed plans and objectives;
- any other ICT duties as required by management.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. CTC Clearance will also be carried out.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 30TH MAY 12 NOON