Innovation Business Analyst
£50,000.00 - £60,000.00
We are currently recruiting for am Innovation Business Analyst for the leading Irish Energy Organisation based in Belfast. Our client is a market leader in the utilities sector and is offering a permanent contract to the successful candidate.
The Innovation team is responsible for driving through a range of technology strategies for our client that will realise long-term benefits to the Northern Ireland and Ireland consumer. These technology strategies include wind, solar, storage, demand side management, and engaging the energy citizen. A core part of delivering on these strategies is recognising the fundamental and ground breaking changes that will happen on the system and formulating approaches to manage these challenges. These changes are not just technical but also financial, social and regulatory.
The role holder will be required to manage the implementation of the Innovation Framework within the organisation, including tracking and monitoring incremental and transformational innovation across the business, monitoring Innovation culture within the organisation and supporting the Innovation Board. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to manage the operational policy development and coordinate input to key national and European energy policy development.
The role holder will be a member of the Innovation team and will be required to work closely with leads within the DS3 & Innovation Programme to support the delivery of multi-year cross-functional programmes of work. He/she will require the ability to manage a variety of projects with various timelines involving both internal and external stakeholders. In order to perform well within the role, candidates must possess a high degree of competency in the following areas; written and verbal communications, working with people, analysing and problem solving, organising work and achieving objectives.
- Working with team, leads and manager to manage a range of technical and commercial projects designed to achieve regulated targets, meet stakeholder needs and/or satisfy company requirements
- Liaise with the business as required to understand stakeholder needs; guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Perform all work to a high standard with a focus on on-time delivery and assist in delivery of completed works to a required timeline
- Cover a wide range of activities that require considered judgement based on analytical thought and an innovative approach
- Stay up to date with national and international developments, including energy policy and emerging technologies
- Manage own performance through skills development, delivering on targets, seeking opportunities to learn and showing technical and personal leadership and mastery in own field
- Reporting to and influencing key decision makers within the organisation and reporting to regulators as required.
- Represent company policy to external parties and stakeholders
- Business or engineering degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years' experience
- Understanding of the industry, environment and context. In particular knowledge of policy, market design and regulation driving the evolution of the energy sector.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Customers and Stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience conceiving and introducing innovative ideas, solutions or new ways of doing things
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to define and guide his/her own work under minimal supervision
- Experience leading or supervising junior team members
- Commercial awareness with the ability to make decisions and recommendations in all aspects of a projects implementation.
- Appreciation of technology evolution which could bring transformational disruption to the industry.
- Experience carrying out power system analysis and proficient in the use of power flow analysis tools
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- Experience delivering change in an organisation
- Experience working with MS SharePoint and standard MS Office tools
- Internationally recognized qualifications in Project Management
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel you meet the essential criteria and are looking for an exciting opportunity please attach me you CV below or call Katie Doyle at 02890 895824