I am looking for a strong Internal Audit professional on a temporary basis in Belfast. The role offers variety and stability with a view to potential longer term opportunities. The successful candidate will ideally have a CCAB qualification or extensive Audit experience.
Reporting to Audit Management within the organisation, this role will involve the following:
- Contribute to the development of Internal Audit in the organisation and participate in the business planning process to ensure an effective and efficient Internal Audit service.
- Contribute to the analysis of the organisation's overall internal control system and assist in establishing a review programme with the purpose of providing a statement of assurance based on evaluation of the system.
- Participate in the review of the development of controls in new and existing systems (be they manual, computerized, financial or business) to achieve objectives in the most economic and efficient manner.
- Assist and advise in developing standards for application to audit assignments in line with requirements.
- Assist in developing and improving departmental procedures and practices to be followed in carrying out audit assignments.
- Develop a programme of audit coverage and prepare planning memoranda for assignments approved.
- Prepare initial plans, programmes and procedures for assignments undertaken and supervise the activities of trainee auditors allocated to these.
- Ensure assignments are carried out in accordance with approved audit standards, plans, programmes and procedures.