Our client, a large Public Sector organisation require temporary a Investigation Officer for an 6 month contract
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks - £9 p/h, 13 weeks+ - £15.24 p/h.
Location: Progressive House, Belfast
Hours: Mon-Fri - 37 hours.
To impartially assess and investigate complaints made to the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman from people who claim to have experienced injustice through maladministration by Northern Ireland government departments, agencies and public bodies in the Ombudsman's jurisdiction.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years' experience where conducting complex investigations was an integral aspect of your role
5 years' experience where conducting complex investigations was an integral aspect of your role;
- Experience of developing detailed written reports involving the analysis of large volumes of information;
- Experience of carrying out challenging interviews to obtain information/gather evidence.
- Detailed knowledge of good investigative practices and procedures;
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of the NI public sector.
- Ability to exercise sound and balanced judgement in handling complex issues in a sensitive and high-profile environment;
- Organisational and planning skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight timescales and manage competing work priorities;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and interpret relevant legislation, regulations or procedural requirements, and to appropriately apply them;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to capture all important facts and opinions in drafting detailed letters, reports, submissions and policy documents and to draw evidence-based conclusions and make appropriate recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with challenge from complainants or public service providers;
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to continuous improvement.
Investigating Officers will act in accordance with the scheme of delegation that is in place:
- Assess and investigate complaints made to the Ombudsman in accordance with the operational procedures and standards of the Office.
- Manage a caseload and other competing priorities while ensuring the completion of tasks and casework within the office KPIs and service quality standards.
- Become familiar with and remain informed and updated in relation to all relevant legislation, policy and procedures.
- Identify the relevant and proportionate lines of enquiry to be followed in assessing and investigating both individual cases and the overall caseload that is allocated to him/her.
- Supporting the Accountant in preparation of year end accounts and audit files along with preparation of financial and associated returns.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER AT 4PM