Investment Analyst for Property & Construction Industry
My client, an investment management firm based in Dublin are looking for an experienced Investment Analyst to join their expanding investment team.
They have been working on developing a global investment firm concept focused on small and middle market companies. Their capabilities range from private equity to complementary businesses that build on their knowledge, relationships and strengths to provide enhanced value to their partners and the companies in which they invest, and other key stakeholders.
Thoughtful about their growth, entering new markets and businesses where they believe they build on their areas of strength, intellectual capital, industry relationships and where attractive companies exist to further broaden their assets base. Their expanded focus encompasses exciting and growing areas like real estate, growth equity investments, venture lending, private equity investing and various opportunities.
My client focuses on provision of finance to property developers and investors in the greater Dublin area. Their expanding Dublin office is looking for an investment analyst to join their investment team. With a number of years' experience in the property/construction industry and contacts to utilise, you will be required to investigate investment and funding opportunities for the team, supporting the Lead Analyst and Head of Investment. This is rewarded with an excellent salary of circa €50,000 plus bonus bringing the OTE to circa €70,000.
The Investment Analyst is a new role for this particular office and the main purpose of the role is to provide analytical and qualitative support to the senior analyst.
The main tasks include:
- Background in the commercial side of property development.
- Keen commercial awareness and acute business acumen.
- Strong on analytical figures and costing.
- Full understanding of Finance, P&L's and Balance sheets, etc.
- Good technical knowledge of all the Disciplines in the construction sector.
- An ability to assess the condition of a property, running costs, what refurbishments are needed, costing and returns on investments, etc.
- An ability to assess Developers Loan applications and draw-downs.
- 10 + years post graduate relevant experience.
- Ability to bring business dealings to a conclusion.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in the Property industry, at min - senior level and with contacts which they can utilise and build on.
The person must also have the following skills:
- Driven, enthusiastic and tenacious
- Well-rounded knowledge of the property market at a commercial level
- Strong sales negotiation background
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Detailed and organised, especially when it comes to report writing and research
- Existing relationships with developers, house builders, housing associations and industry professionals
- Target driven
- Overall professionalism
*Only candidates deemed suitable will receive a response regarding this excellent opportunity.