Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an IT Project Manager for a 2 year contact with our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced IT Project Manager to work in their Corporate Applications Department.
Our client is an IT intensive business which manages large amounts of commercially sensitive data in relation to the power system and wholesale electricity market operation. Information requirements are raised from within the company and by external clients and electricity market participants.
The IS Corporate Applications team is responsible for a large range of corporate and operation systems\applications. The IT equipment is deployed over four sites in the Dublin and Belfast area. All sites must be maintained in an operational state on a 24*7 basis.
As an IT Project Manager you will be required to support the IS Corporate Applications Manager to deliver a number of key IS projects. You will be responsible for developing and managing project schedules, costs, identifying risks & issues and clearly communicating these to project stakeholders. You would be responsible for ensuring that the projects are delivered on-time, to budget and to agreed quality standards.
- A formal 3rd level qualification in IT / Business related discipline.
- Demonstrated proven track record in IT Project Management.
- Extensive experience of managing application development, software development and infrastructure delivery projects.
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling and budgeting for IT project implementation.
- Extensive decision making and an ability to prioritise conflicting deliverables.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive technical and analytical skills with the ability to operate in a large complex IS environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience in risk and change management.
- Proficient in project management software/tools.
- Prince 2 Certified.
- Experience of working within a similar IT environment is preferable i.e. Oracle, MS Visual Basic and MS Net.
- A strong understanding of Web Services.
- Experience of delivering projects in a regulated environment (preferably the Energy sector business).
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer. Basic salary of €60-68k plus an excellent benefits package
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 5175040.