Our client is looking to hire an IT Support Technician to join their team.
- Support and maintenance of the company voice/data Local and Wide area networks
- Support the email and internet services
- Provide a full help-desk response to the company voice and computer users
- Log and respond to user enquiries and requests in a prompt and efficient manner
- Source and implement hardware and packaged software to support the business needs
- Maintain the operating system and physical and virtual server environments
- Support the update and test of the Group Business Continuity Plan as required
- Carry out regular diagnostics and upgrades
- Provide out of hours support and travel between company locations as required
- Develop solid working relationships with business representatives throughout the organisation
- Implement and execute best practices and methods and make suggestions for suggestions for continuous improvements
- Keep up to date with relevant to the business technological developments for maximum advantage to the company
- Support all other IT members as and when required to meet the departments quality and service objectives
- Support the IT Infrastructure Manager in all aspects of the business as required
- Any other duties within your capabilities as required by your line manager.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a busy environment
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of LAN & WAN technologies
- Knowledge of Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Windows Server and MS Exchange 2010, Hyper V & Backup Solutions
- Previous or current study of MS certified professional credentials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for IT and all things technical
- Pension after 6 months (6.5% of salary contributed by employer and employee)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for support study
- 20 days annual leave plus 2 days (Christmas Eve & Good Friday) + 1 additional day after 5 year's service, another additional day after 10 year's service
If this sounds like the role for you please forward your CV to Joanne Duffy in Walkinstown.
Please note there is a high interest in this role, so do not delay and apply today!