Temporary Landscape Planning & Development Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially for 2 months.
Monday-Friday = 37hpw
Duties will include:
- To contribute to in liaison with the Senior Landscape Planning and Development Officers and the Landscape Planning and Development Manager an annual programme of project work as agreed and prioritised by Department's Land and Capital Programme involving landscape planning input, formulating planning proposals and to prioritise, timetable and cost the work for approval.
- To assist in the delivery of a range of landscape projects associated with council maintained open spaces e.g. parks, playgrounds, cemeteries, sports pitches, civic spaces and community gardens.
- To assist in the preparation of all relevant technical information required to deliver landscape projects e.g. design briefs, project programmes, cost estimates, production information, written specifications and presentation drawings.
- To inspect and report on siteworks associated with the delivery of landscape projects.
- To assist as directed in the provision of landscape architectural advice to other organisations, community groups and other statutory and non-statutory agencies.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must have:
- A third level qualification in a relevant subject such as: Landscape Design, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture or equivalent qualification; and be a member of the Landscape Institute (Graduate/Chartered)
- be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least two year's relevant experience, gained in the workplace in each of the following four areas:
- Landscape planning, design/detailing and delivery landscape projects.
- Using relevant landscape design software/Computer Aided Design and other relevant software.
- Working with various bodies, local communities, statutory and non statutory agencies in relation to landscape design.
- Providing advice, planning approval and other statutory consents.
Applicants must as at the closing date for receipt of applications, have a full driving licence which enables the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for official business or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
If you are interested in the role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS FRIDAY 14TH OCTOBER**