CHEF required on a PERMANENT basis for a Tourist attraction based in Co.Down
Role: Lead Chef
Rate of Pay: £21,218 - £22,335 per hour
Location: Comber Co.Down
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, rota basis including weekends, no evenings
Duration: Starting ASAP - Interview 18th August
- Shape the visitor experience by generating a warm and welcoming catering environment which is
- Inspirational and vibrant and represents the client brand.
- Provide and present the clients catering product range to a consistently high standard, identifying and
- responding to changing visitor requirements and feedback.
- Assist in the creation and development of a varied, exciting and appealing seasonal offer that quality ingredients.
- reflects the brand within the desired price points using seasonal, ethically sourced high
- Support develop and maintain the catering offer to maximise sales opportunities, adapting to
- seasonal changes and change in visitor buying behaviours.
- Optimise financial performance to increase profitability through effective deployment of all
- available resources and relevant controls.
- Implement the appropriate standards, procedures and best practice as defined by your Line
- Maximise every team member's contribution to ensure delivery of personal, department and Trust and individual discussions.
- objectives by giving the appropriate levels of direction and support through training, team meetings
- Support with the allocation of basic tasks and carry out agreed training, checking the work of
- others in similar or lower grades on a regular basis.
- Engage with the client's internal communication channels keeping themselves informed and up to
- Lead, coach and engage team members to adapt to continuous change and the implementation of
- new initiatives.
- Reduce waste by accurately managing stock in line with the client's systems and procedures, ensuring
- that all waste is disposed of responsibly in line with the policies.
- Operate catering areas that fully adhere to and comply with Industry Food Hygiene standards.
- Educated to minimum of GCSE Standard (Grade A - C ) or equivalent
- Industry recognised Qualification or suitable experience
- Food Hygiene Level 2 / Basic
- Experience working "Made to Order" food
- Practical experience in all areas of running a kitchen
- Ability to determine priorities and set tasks
- Confidently able to train, motivate and engage the team
- Ensure legislative compliance of FSMS and HSE
- Able to plan for and adapt to seasonal trade / campaigns and promotions
- Input passionate and imaginative menu planning
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Tuesday 9th August at 5.30pm.