Our client, a large Government Organisation require a Learner Resource Centre Officer to start ASAP for duration of approx. 10 weeks
Rate of Pay: 0 - 12 weeks £7.05/£7.50 per hour
13+ weeks £8.57 per hour
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hours: 18 hours per week Wed- Friday
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
Key areas of responsibility in supporting the learner by;
- Providing Information Retrieval support,
- Providing front line ILT Learner Support,
- Operating automated library systems,
- Maintaining and supporting the organization of Learning Resources collection
- Delivering a high quality customer service.
The post-holder will form part of a front line team of LRC staff and will be expected to assist in the delivery of front line services including;
- To assist and guide learners in retrieving relevant information in print, non-print formats and online for their learning.
- To demonstrate the use of the range systems for accessing print, non-print, online resources and
- To demonstrate and support the use of a core range software packages and support the use of other LRC based learning support equipment.
- To provide assistance in the promotion and marketing of learning resources and LRC services.
- To provide assistance in the compilation of learning resources book, non book and other resources lists for learners
- To handle and record receipt of all monies collected in the day-to-day operation of LRC services to learners
- To assist in the supervision of all areas and resources within LRCs
- To provide a welcoming approach and high quality customer service in the LRCs to college learners
- To provide referral to other college Support services as required
- Act, if directed, as Fire Marshall or Fire Warden.
- Carry out, if directed, the role of First Aider
- Either a qualification BTEC National, GNVQ Advanced, or NVQ Level 3 or above, together with a minimum of one years' experience in a customer facing environmen
- Have a minimum of two years relevant experience of working in a customer facing environment
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.Knowledge/ Experience
- Experience in the use of online information resources e:g the internet or web based databases
- Recent experience in the use of ICT systems including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and Internet applications
- Experience of working with others and in teams to deliver successful outcomes
- Experience of dealing with customer queries / issues
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
.**Please note the closing date for this application will be Thursday 28th September at 12 Noon**