Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Learner Success Officer to start ASAP until the end of June 2018
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.50
13+ weeks £9.29
Location: Belfast but will have to travel to surrounding areas
Hours: 36 hours per week Monday- Friday
- Either hold a qualification to HND/HNC level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. Youth and Community, Education / Social Work / Guidance) PLUS have a minimum of 2 year's experience working with young people to overcome barriers to their educational success OR have a minimum of 4 year's experience as set out above
- Experience in working with students who face barriers to their educational success
- Demonstrable knowledge of the range of barriers to education and learning that young people in an FE setting would face.
- Experience of implementing a range of support interventions necessary to meet the needs of individual students enabling them to overcome their barriers to education and learning.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of maintaining data systems via MS Office
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality
- To extrapolate data that will identify learners at risk.
- To engage with a set of learners in the pilot initiative
- To develop and maintain a set of operational procedures and codes of good practice in relation to the assessment of student barriers to education and learning.
- To assess the barriers to learning for each individual student and devise with them an action plan for managing and overcoming those barriers
- To guide students through their action plan to overcome their barriers to learning
- To regularly review the support needs of each individual student and monitor against their personal action plan.
- To action student support interventions necessary as a result of the review process
- To regularly review and evaluate good practice in this area based upon internal and external research and effectively communicate this within the team
- To raise awareness within the curriculum where necessary of individual learning issues by disseminating relevant information in a variety of formats.
- To work with students to identify suitable provision for additional support and to meet identified needs within existing budgets.
- To signpost learners to additional support services when required
- To provide accurate information, guidance and advice to existing staff and students and prospective students.
- To ensure staff maintain a high regard for customer service.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00 A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**Please note this position will close on Thursday 28th at 12 Noon**