Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Learning Support Assistant to start September 2017 for a duration of 13 weeks with possibility of extension
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.20/ £7.50 per hour
13+ weeks £8.56 per hour
Location: Armagh / Lurgan / Newry / Banbridge
Hours: between 12 and 24 hours per week
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year's experience of working with young people or adults in a support environment
- Experience of manual handling or be willing to undertake necessary training
- A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a car for official business purposes
A British Sign Language qualification
A current First Aid qualification
An ICT qualification
Currently qualified in manual handling techniques
- Liaise and co-operate with personal tutors, lecturers, course coordinators and Heads of School in relation to support in the learning environment
- Prepare for classes using resources available and to engage in appropriate research and to be familiar with subject and/ or to identify specialised vocabulary
- Provide support for extra curricular activities including meetings, tutorials, field trips, career events, formals etc and any other events as agreed
- Assist students to find appropriate research material for their assignments/ projects
- General care of students- assisting to and from transport, escorting to and from classrooms, toilet, canteen etc
- Provide one to one support for student/s at break and lunchtimes
- Administrative and record keeping duties
- Provide reports, written and oral, as required
- Participate in the enrolment cover rota as required
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00 A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**Please note the closing date for this role is Monday 4th September**