Commercial Contracts Lawyer
Located in the heart of Belfast, our client a global firm that pride themselves in their use of innovation, investment in a sustainable growth strategy and expert staff requires an experienced contracts lawyer to join their team.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious legal associate who is searching for an opportunity to progress their career quickly in a globally recognised organisation and work with leading global clients. The successful applicant will play a key role in the delivery of the organisations growth strategy within their specialised legal department.
You will be required to perform the following duties:
- Managing multi-jurisdictional investigations, remediation and litigation reviews, including project initiation, resourcing, client contact project management and fee/scope management
- Acting as subject matter expert on a range of topics and drawing on industry knowledge and legal skill set to advise and guide clients and project teams throughout the review process
- Contributing to the development of project teams and supporting IR team members in achieving team goals
- Supporting the IR management team in the further development and growth of the IR team's Legal Support offering
- Qualified Lawyer (in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland or England & Wales) with 2 or more years PQE OR An experienced Legal Executive/Paralegal with 5 or more years PQE gained in a commercial/corporate law firm;
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to step back and assess the bigger picture where required;
- A highly analytical skill set with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and to evaluate large amounts of information for the purposes of identifying underlying key issues and their broader implications;
- An aptitude for innovation and learning, with a particular focus on the use of new technologies and on creative thinking with it comes to implementing bespoke client solutions
- Strong communication skills with a focus on collaborative working and relationship building
- An ability to delegate and multi-task at various levels, including strategic thinking to troubleshooting detail where needed.
- Project management experience, with a proven track record in delivering large scale projects in line with targets
- Knowledge and experience of large scale document reviews with the ability to project manage the process from instruction to completion.
- Background in consultancy, professional service firms and/or legal practice management might be helpful.
- Fluency in a second language with an ability to translate documents into English
- Experience commercial due diligence, corporate and investment banking matters would be an advantage
- Full time hours
- Exceptional progression opportunity
- Central location
- Immediate start
- Excellent opportunity to work with a highly recognised organisation
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you are looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Laura Kearney on firstname.lastname@example.org