Legal Services office Assistant
Belfast City Centre
Full Time Permanent
£17,000 - £23,000
Our client is based in Belfast city centre, and is the leading legal firm globally. Due to huge growth within the firm they are rapidly expanding and are looking for a motivated candidate to grow with them. To support their client's international strategies, they have built a truly global network which now spans across 44 offices in 31 countries including London, New York, South Africa and Shanghai. Opportunities may arise to travel to the London Firm. The nature of their work is increasingly advanced and multi-jurisdictional. The Legal Services Centre (LSC) plays an increasing role in managing and delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions. Lawyers working in the LSC in Belfast apply their knowledge of the law and legal procedures to support teams around the world.
To provide a consistently high standard of administrative support to the Legal Professionals and Associates in our Legal Services Centre, ensuring that all tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner to enable the smooth running of the team's support function. In particular, support with all matters with regard to finance; business development, travel arrangements and preparation of complex and often confidential documents and presentations.
Communication and behaviours
- Show a proactive approach to tasks and situations
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in all aspects of the role, taking personal responsibility and ownership and behaving professionally at all times
- Exhibit strong professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Have an enthusiastic approach to change and adapt to an ever-evolving role
- Ensure flexibility around contracted working hours, taking full responsibility for meeting the requirements of the role
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with the standard operating procedures and any group-specific procedures
- Keep appropriate individuals updated with regard to your whereabouts.
General PA duties - PA support, diary management, management of calls and post etc.
- Maintenance of diary events and organisation of the day-to-day schedule of fee earners
- Coordination of meetings, to include the consideration of and responsibility for ensuring all necessary
- Respond to telephone calls in a professional manner, acting as a filter to manage and control calls
- Planning and coordination of comprehensive travel programmes, to include booking flights, hotels and car transfers Preparation of holiday/absence tables
- Keep track of all deadlines and remind fee earners of timelines at regular update meetings.
Document Support - Preparation of client documentation and correspondence
- Type letters, correspondence, presentations, reports and legal documentation
- Proofread all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to the appropriate high standard
- Prepare and/or ensure availability of necessary agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including printing and timely distribution.
Finance - Coordination and preparation of all expense claims/finance reports
- Take responsibility for submission of expense claims on behalf of fee earners and maintenance of copies, ensuring cross-check against Corporate Amex expenditure if appropriate
- Routinely update Carpe Diem; complete and close timesheets where appropriate and prompt fee earners where necessary
- Chase missing timesheets
- Check the business reports.
- Work on client pitches, to include awareness of date for submission to client; liaison with Business Development, Creative Services and Printroom for timely production of documentation
- Coordinate/organise client office events and ensure all details, post-event, are followed up
- Maintain/update EPiC experience records and events calendar;
- Ensure the databases are kept up to date
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both formal and informal and willingness to collaborate with others
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- Showing initiative and having a desire to get the job done
- Ability to adapt with flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an environment with shifting priorities, under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team, both within Belfast and remotely with colleagues from London and elsewhere across a wide range of levels, responsibilities and offices;
- Graduate or equivalent, or A Levels with relevant experience
- RSA Stage I/II Text or Word Processing (strong typing skills essential)
- Excellent Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint skills
- Rate of pay £17,000 - £23,000
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Subsidies gym membership
- Health Care Scheme
- Working with a global brand
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For consideration for the Legal Services Office Assistant please apply online for review. For any further details please call Katie Doyle on 02890 242824.