Unix Support Engineer required for a highly successful FinTech company in Belfast - excellent salary and benefits package on offer!
Our client is a global leader in financial technology managed services and IT infrastructure products. With a global client presence spanning over 20 countries worldwide with seven offices covering these regions. They are now expanding on their Belfast site by appointing another UNIX Systems Engineer. Grafton Technology has placed the last 6 key hires in this organisation and the feedback has been fantastic.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a key part of a fresh organisation, who are seeking to bring in a mid- level UNIX Systems Engineer to support and scale the infrastructure for production and internal environment. You will be supporting large enterprise UNIX teams as well as regularly contributing to an exciting range of cutting edge IT projects.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Assist with capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 years UNIX/Linux System administration.
- UNIX/Linux professional qualifications or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
- Solid fundamentals in Linux operating systems and prior experience managing production systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with client facing experience.
- Basic LAN/WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting skills.
- Basic script writing experience (any of Bash, Perl, Python, etc).
- Basic storage/SAN administration experience.
- Previous experience supporting a high frequency trading environment would be looked at favourably
- Knowledge of LAMP stack
- An operational and working knowledge of VMware and vSphere
If you are interested in joining a company that invests heavily in their staff and offers training and a structured career plan then I want to hear from you.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about the opportunity please call Michael Rosbotham at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.