Job Title: Waterworld Attendant - Lifeguard/Bowling
Grade/Salary: See Agency Request
Directorate: Leisure and Development
Department: Health, Wellbeing & Sport
Location: Waterworld, Portrush
Work pattern: See Agency Request
Tenure: Seasonal Post
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complying with the Councils code of practice relating to supervision of wet play area.
- Complying with the Council's code of practice relating to supervision of 10 pin bowling facility.
- Complying with the Council's code of practice relating to Health & Safety procedures and at all times adhere to COSHH regulations as they apply to the facility.
- Supervising changing/shower areas and other parts of the Centre as directed.
- Clean all parts of the Complex, using all machines and equipment allocated. This includes external areas in the immediate vicinity of the Centre.
- Collecting user tickets for the various activity areas if required.
- Administrating First Aid plus record and reporting injuries.
- Supervising members of the public using the Waterworld Complex and enforcing all rules and regulations, to include emergency procedures as relevant to the situation.
- Carry out basic condition checks for equipment/structures within the facility and recording of same.
- Such other duties may be allocated.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
- Must hold the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (valid throughout the full Summer Season)
- Excellent communication skills. Articulate, confident and able to deal with the public with the public in a professional manner.
- Able to relate well to all age groups, especially young children.
- Available during the months of June, July & August.
- Must be available to work a 7 day week on Rota basis as per needs of the service. Operational hours currently run from approximately 10.15 pm to 8 pm.
- Must attend regular staff training sessions (Sunday morning sessions)
- Participate in water based staff training sessions (Sunday morning) in order to maintain a relevant standard of competency in responding to Water Emergency incidents.
- Possess a valid First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Previous experience as a Lifeguard.
- Previous experience of working with the public, to include young children (either paid or voluntary)
If you wish to apply for this position please email your cv via the link.