Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit a Linux Administrator to support the Infrastructure function in the delivery of key IS infrastructure and systems.
The Linux Systems Administrator should have a good understanding of data centre infrastructure, server and operating systems support and have experience of working in a complex integrated systems environment.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of Linux / Oracle infrastructure.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Perform daily checks on hardware and operating systems.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Rack, stack, cable and configuration of server infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and training of in-house staff in Oracle Linux / Red Hat Linux systems administration.
- Ensure the secure administration of operating systems.
- Create technical documentation for team members.
- A formal 3rd level qualification in an IT or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years experience is required;
- Strong background in Red Hat Linux 5,6,7
- Strong background in Oracle Linux 5,6,7
- Strong background in Linux Configuation Management Tools.
- Strong background in Linux Security best practices.
- Knowledge of supporting Linux within an Oracle database environment.
- Background in Enterprise Backup Solutions.
- Knowledge of Hardware / Software monitoring tools.
- Extensive technical and analytical skills.
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Practical understanding of Ansible Tower.
- Prior experience of using Chef, Puppet, Splunk.
- Previous experience of working with Docker.
- Prior experience of working with Oracle Database technologies.
- Linux / Unix shell scripting.
This work is expected to commence on 01/08/2016 and is likely to continue until 30/04/2016. It is favourable for a candidate to be available to start immediately