Maintenance Electrician - Days
Salary: Circa £26,000 to £29,000 on days, if the role progresses to shift, a generous premium will apply.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8.15am to 5.15pm & Friday 8.15am to 2.45pm
Benefits: Excellent pension scheme & Life Assurance offering.
My client is a leading local brand within the manufacturing/engineering sectors and specialise in plastic extrusion. Known locally as a leading employer, they seek to add experience to their Engineering Maintenance department and are in the market for an Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager
Fault finding and carrying out machine electrical repairs, electrical installation of all new plant and machinery, and carrying out preventative maintenance schedules in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner, enabling production to meet targets to quality standards within their budgets.
- Ensure all tasks undertaken are completed in accordance with the appropriate and necessary regulations e.g. IEE, Electricity at Work Regulations and HASAW Regulations;
- Act as a member of the electrical maintenance team providing relevant information as the basis to future planning.
- Through good housekeeping procedures ensure that a safe and clean working environment is kept at all times;
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Policy of the company is operated to ensure compliance with statutory regulations as they change from time to time.
- Applicants must hold a recognised apprenticeship in electrical engineering;
- Have a recognised 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering (minimum BTEC /ONC or equivalent)
- Have experience of a wide range of Motor Control Systems, Process Temperature Controls and PLC/PC Control Systems;
- Applicants must have 5 years post qualification experience within manufacturing maintenance.
For more information or to discuss confidentially please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333