Location: County Armagh
Salary: 25k-30k negotiable plus benefits and regular overtime.
Working hours: Week 1 - 7am to 3pm, Week 2 - 3pm to 11pm
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading FMCG Manufacturing firm.
My client is a local market leading, progressive production firm located in County Armagh who specialise in bespoke design and manufacture of packaging products for the Food industry. They have a current opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team with primary responsibility for planned, preventative maintenance across the County Armagh facility. This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Maintenance Engineer will:
- The Maintenance Engineer will complete day to day electrical and mechanical maintenance duties
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- The Maintenance Engineer will complete repairs to machinery in the event of a breakdown
- Installation of new plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance on plant and machinery
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Develop products both existing and any new lines brought through by sales team.
- Any electrical or plumbing experience would also be beneficial.
- Train other staff to fix minor problems on machines in his/her absence.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment .
- Previous experience in a Maintenance Engineer capacity, within extrusion, thermoforming or plastics industry is desirable.
- The ability to change moulds, re set machine parameters, and get lines running.
- The Maintenance Engineer will be required to work shifts, 7-3 and 3-11.
- Strong Technical Skills.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience plus overtime on a regular basis.
The Maintenance Engineer will ideally live within the County Armagh area however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Maintenance Engineers can apply but submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.