Location: County Down
Salary: 33k per annum, negotiable plus benefits and regular overtime.
Working hours: Continental 12 hour shifts
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading Food/FMCG Manufacturing firm.
My client is a UK market leading, progressive production firm located in County Down. They have a current opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team with primary responsibility for planned, preventative maintenance across the County Down facility. This is a full time, permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary and working conditions. With recent investment of over £25 million, the facility is regarded as one of the most automated across the Island of Ireland.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Electrical Maintenance Engineer will:
Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time
- Repairs to machinery in the event of a breakdown
- Installation of new plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance on plant and machinery
- The Maintenance Engineer will provide full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification - NVQ/OND
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Maintenance Engineer capacity within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
The successful Maintenance Engineer will enjoy a competitive starting salary circa £33,000 per annum depending on experience plus overtime on a regular basis.
The Maintenance Engineer will ideally live within the County Down area however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Maintenance Engineers can apply but submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.