Location: County Down
My client is a leading brand in the food manufacturing sector and one of Northern Ireland's most reputable companies. Due to recent expansion and investment they have a vacancy for a Maintenance Engineer at their "state of the art" County Down facility.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time
- Repairs to machinery in the event of a breakdown
- Installation of new plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance on plant and machinery
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification - NVQ/OND
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Previous experience within food manufacturing
- The hours of work involve both day and night shifts and will include weekend work (4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off).
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333