Temporary Maintenance Officer (Fabric) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP on week to week basis potentially for 3-6 months.
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week
- To carry out all assigned duties so as to ensure optimal performance and the achievement of the unit's financial and operational targets.
- To represent the relevant Building Projects Manager(s) as required within the postholder's sphere of responsibility.
- To conduct rigorous pre and post-inspection site visits at all assigned locations in order to ensure the optimal drafting of specifications and that value for money is being achieved.
- To assist in the preparation of all required documentation and notifications for the purposes of ensuring compliance with the Construction, Design and Management Regulations where applicable; for maintenance work in the properties, and to identify any health and safety hazards during the construction period.
- To prepare detailed programmes of work as required for building fabric projects.
- To prepare and maintain a schedule of fittings, plant and equipment at all locations, and to promote the standardisation of plant, equipment and systems across the properties.
- To implement quality-assurance processes across the range of building fabric work.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must hold a qualification in a Building Technology discipline (for example, BTech or equivalent qualification) and have at least 5 years recent relevant experience within the building industry, and should preferably have experience in a property maintenance environment and have experience of preparing orders and specifications.
If you are interested in the above role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS WEDNESDAY 27H APRIL AT 5PM**