Location: County Tyrone/County Armagh
Salary: 30-40k negotiable
My client is a market leading manufacturing firm with over 30 years of rich history. They have a current opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor/Manager to join their management team with primary responsibility for the leadership of the Engineering Maintenance team. This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Overall responsibility for organisation and coordination of maintenance team and other resources to complete planned or unplanned maintenance and repairs with minimum downtime.
- Planning and allocation of work
- Promote proactive culture within maintenance team.
- Continuous development and implementation of preventative maintenance programme.
- Ensure records of maintenance and repairs carried out are completed
- Manage procurement and control of engineering materials and spares.
- Where necessary organise and supervise external contractors to carry out repairs and maintenance
- Assist with identifying and developing solutions to operational or technical problems and to progress appropriate solutions when required.
- Ensure relevant Standards and procedures are adhered to and assist with accreditation and ongoing compliance with relevant standards and certification.
- Liaise with operations, production and technical departments to ensure effective communication
- Ensure effective shop floor housekeeping and the maintenance of plant and equipment in accordance with legislative Health & Safety requirements.
- To contribute to implementing new working methods and actively participate in continuous improvement
- Minimum time served Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- 5yrs experience in an installation, maintenance or service role
- Experience in PLC machinery
- Degree qualified in an Engineering field
- Programming and diagnostics of PLC's and VSD's
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification in Health & Safety
For more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333